A Pot Pourri, sometimes fragrant, sometimes not, of my physical travels and idiosyncratic contemplations, for the possible interest of family,friends and new friends and anyone who wants to "drop by for coffee and a chat" Contact me through comments at the end of each blog or at docpgm@btinternet.com. I look forward to talking with you. "Doc"

The Author

The Author
Rambling Doc

About Me

Near Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
63 year old, partially retired General Practitioner. Strange "but works for us" relationship at home! Grown up family, now a double grandad. Rides motorcycle, wanders about a lot, and paints and draws a bit.

Tuesday 3 April 2007

A week off before Bosnia and D.I.Y.Blog lesson.

Well, the last couple of days have been lovely weather and so the camper has been cleaned ready to get dirty again on the drive to Bosnia! Wife had another indeterminate birthday yesterday and we went out to Gibbon Bridge in The Forest of Bowland for dinner, and this morning is cold and overcast again, so not much fun playing out. The old Peugeot 205 which Wife has refused to believe would ever die and leave her, has almost died with so many oil leaks that she rivals the Torre Canyon. In the process of teaching Wife a bit more about how to use her newly acquired laptop, we browsed e-bay for a "new to us" car to replace the 205, and have begun a gentle bid on a tidy dark green diesel 206 for which the bidding closes on Wednesday night. Checking our winning bid this morning and sat in dressing gown unwilling to face the slightly unpleasant morning, I strayed to the Blogger edit area and actually read it! I really ought to learn after so many years of just picking stuff up and playing with it, that the best way to get the best out of things is to read the instructions. (Reminder to actually read instructions for mobile phone which I keep moaning about as so complicated I don't understand it)
So, now, new layout, new colours AND photo. I have also found out how those of you that may want to can make a comment may do so by just clicking on "comment" at the end of the blog, without having to be a blogger yourself. It does allow me to edit anything wicked or more vulgar than I myself might write however, and it IS readable by others, so remember that and please respect and keep the anonymity of each other by referring to people that I mention in the same manner. There is also a hyperlink to my specific blog e-mail for other messages too, so I hope that old and new friends may be able to chat with me more easily than before. We are almost into the realm of a "glossy" rag mag now. Watch this space!
Best wishes, Doc

No comments: