A Pot Pourri, sometimes fragrant, sometimes not, of my physical travels and idiosyncratic contemplations, for the possible interest of family,friends and new friends and anyone who wants to "drop by for coffee and a chat" Contact me through comments at the end of each blog or at docpgm@btinternet.com. I look forward to talking with you. "Doc"

The Author

The Author
Rambling Doc

About Me

Near Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
63 year old, partially retired General Practitioner. Strange "but works for us" relationship at home! Grown up family, now a double grandad. Rides motorcycle, wanders about a lot, and paints and draws a bit.

Thursday 24 May 2007

Stop Press

You will of course realise that I am not writing all this stuff from the streets of Paris, or on the boat at Calais, or from a motorway stop on the way home, but rather from the camper, somewhere on Catterick Garrison. I am sorry it is late,of course, but maybe all travelogues would be like this if their authors had to work too! Some really current things have come up though ,which need to be said.
Firstly, Thank you to the Parking Officer for Canterbury Council who has grudgingly, with a strong reminder of how wrong I was, agreed to let me off my parking fine, sending me a photo of the sign board at the car park entrance showing that only PLG vehicles are allowed to park there and that, within the marked bays. My vehicle is a PLG vehicle, and they did not have any bays quite long enough. It seems it would be OK to park a car and a trailer there, but you should disconnect the trailer to fit in the bay behind your car. Anyway, I appreciate it. It did rather spoil the start of the trip.
Second, I managed to get a fantastic battery for the Harley from All American in Kidderminster. It kicks 135 cold start amps and is 2/3rds the size of the original Harley one. That is enough to start two Harleys at once! No troubles now then.
Third, A and I sadly said goodbye to our family 1973 MGB Roadster last Saturday....not for good we hope, but for better. A better life...T and H have "borrowed her for the summer" on condition that T keeps all tools for inspection and demolition of gadgets locked up. H has promised they will be confiscated if they appear.
Finally...big push this month for daughter H.....GO FOR IT darling...ALLSTOPS OUT...You can do it. Sorry, only the family will understand what this is about.

Best wishes,

Doc

No comments: