A Pot Pourri, sometimes fragrant, sometimes not, of my physical travels and idiosyncratic contemplations, for the possible interest of family,friends and new friends and anyone who wants to "drop by for coffee and a chat" Contact me through comments at the end of each blog or at docpgm@btinternet.com. I look forward to talking with you. "Doc"

The Author

The Author
Rambling Doc

About Me

Near Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
63 year old, partially retired General Practitioner. Strange "but works for us" relationship at home! Grown up family, now a double grandad. Rides motorcycle, wanders about a lot, and paints and draws a bit.

Thursday 23 August 2007

So sorry not to be able to keep up

I am so sorry that I am so far behind now...there are so many wonderful people who I have met who I want to tell you about and the things I have seen and done are just waiting to bubble up and appear on the page, but I am so rushing about at the minute that to find the time to write a good blog entry is very difficult. Milwaukee, fabulous time, Wintersett, The Bridges of Madison County, John Wayne, Nebraska, Sturgis, The Badlands, just so much stuff and no time to sit and write. Some things are almost life changing. I WILL DO SO and WILL CATCH UP, but I will have to take a few days out to do it, for my own and perhaps your needs, when Wife has gone home after 29th August. In the meantime, just to tell you that I completed the East to West bit today and paddled in the Pacific at Cannon Beach, Oregon, after 6,200 miles. I am now heading south on the Pacific Highway and tonight in real time, am in Newport, Oregon. All safe, except for a very swollen right foot and lower leg, which I though was going to stop me, but now is settling....dropped my bike on it THREE BLOODY TIMES now...TWICE within 5 hours! Anyway, it is getting better, and although I have a marked limp at present, I have been able to keep riding. This is almost as much of an endurance test as a tour!
Keep the e-mails coming, I can usually reply to those fairly quickly and easily.

Best wishes,
Doc

P.S. have got my 'coon! The hat is coming along slowly being cured in salt like the Indians did!

No comments: